Monday August 12th
I was kind of happy that we ended our volunteering a day early because I really needed a day to move slowly, relax, pack, and make our trip slide show. For some reason my brain woke up early which was kind of good because I am far more productive earlier in the day. I started the day off catching up on my blogging and then moved on to our trip slide show. I was a little worried that I wouldn't have a whole lot of time to finish the movie because in years past making trip slide shows involved a lot of facebook stalking and editing. But I finished our video (distraction time included) in 4 hours. It was nice to have some free time. For dinner I went and grabbed my last schwarma platter of the summer (and really until the next time I come back to Israel). Our last session was preparation for continuing our service when we get home. Before coming on the program we had to sign a contract stating that would do at least 5 sessions or 20 hours of volunteering with the same organization, give some sort of presentation about our experience, and engage at least 10 others in service. Plus by Feb. we have to submit a 3 page detailed paper about what we took back from the program and what we did with it back on our campuses. I'm not sure if I simply forgot or never really read the contract but when Shosh read it all out to us it certainly seemed like a lot more work than I thought it would be. Luckily, our session went over all the steps to initiating a service project. We talked about creating the idea, promotion, advocacy, finding a specific niche, and much more. As we sat there I came up with a list of things I would like to do with Kappa and with the organizations I am already involved with. Hannah and I also started brain storming things we could do together and I just don't know how we are going to fit it all in! But I am excited to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment